J.V. Eleven Tops Springfield, 14-12

The junior varsity football team rode two touchdowns by sophomore fullback Steve Cohen to a 14-12 victory over the Springfield varsity yesterday afternoon in a game marked by frequent fumbles and pass interceptions. The win brought its season's record to three wins and one loss.

Bob Hunter's line buck for two points after Cohen's first period touchdown proved to be the margin of the Harvard victory as both of Springfield's conversion attempts were thwarted by inches.

Cohen's score came late in the first period on a 24-yard dash through center. He also scored the Crimson's second touchdown, breaking loose for 22 yards early in the third quarter.

A 30-yard Springfield pass late in the first period countered the Crimson's first touchdown. On the conversion try, a Harvard tackler managed to push the Springfield runner out of bounds on the one foot line.

Freshmen to Face Brown

Yardling practice sessions this week have stressed scrimmages for the first time since early in the the season, in an attempt to remedy last week's marked inability to score from inside the five yard line. Passes and short runs have been emphasized as preparation for today's game with Brown at 11 a.m.

The Bruin cubs lost to Dartmouth, a 7-0 victim of the freshman team earlier in the season, and were topped by the Yale freshmen, 14 to 0.