Sportswriters Select Shaunessy As Tackle on All-Ivy First Team

Tackle Robert Shaunessy, this season's varsity captain, made the All-Ivy First Team in the Associated Press' annual football poll. The results were announced yesterday, after the final weekend of Ivy League play.

Chosen to the second team was Harold Anderson, varsity guard. The first two squads were dominated by Dartmouth and Princeton, both with five men. Following in second place were Brown and Cornell, with four players apiece while Pennsylvania and Harvard had two each. However, the seventh and eighth Ivy League teams, Yale and Columbia, had no representatives at all.

Thirty gridiron stars were given Honorable Mention. Leading the list of six Harvard players was Harold Keohane, who was yesterday elected captain for next season. Two linemen, Peter Briggs and Robert Foster, also made the team and Harvard also dominated the choices for the backfield with three: Charley Ravenel, Chet Boulris, and Sam Halaby.

Only two Bulldogs were selected for Honorable Mention--Yale's center, Michael Pyle, and halfback Richard Winkler.

The AP first team included only juniors and seniors, but a lone sophomore, Princeton's James Blair, was selected to the second team.

The first team included: Norman Juvonen (E), Cornell; Barney Berlinger (E), Penn; Robert Shaunessy (T), Harvard; Edward Savitsky (T), Cornell; and Alvin Krutsch (G), Dartmouth; Joseph DeDeo (G), Princeton; Donald Warburton (C), Brown; Frank Finney (QB), Brown; John Crouthamel (HB), Dartmouth; John Heyd (HB), Princeton; and Paul Choquette (FB), Brown.

The choice for first team quarterback was apparently very close between Finney and Cornell's Tom Skypeck. Finney played a brilliant game against Harvard this season, completing 12 out of 20 passes, and scoring three touchdowns.