Cuban Elections Scheduled Today

By The ASSOCIATED Press

HAVANA, Cuba, Nov. 2--Cubans vote tomorrow for a new president and Congress amid a background of bloodshed and violence centered in eastern Cuba.

Heavy balloting was expected despite rebel calls for a boycott. The rebels have warned all who vote that they are risking their lives. The government alerted the nation's armed forces to guard the polls and maintain order.

President Fulgencio Batista, who has dominated the political history of Cuba for a quarter century, reiterated he would turn over power to whoever is elected. His four year term expires Feb. 24.

Cubans generally believe Batista's choice, former Premier Andres Rivero Aguero, would win easily because of a divided opposition.

Airlines Make Pack

WASHINGTON, Nov. 2--The nation's six biggest airlines today announced a mutual aid pact to share revenues when any one or more is shut down by a labor strike.

The plan calls for restoration to the idled airline of the net extra passenger and freight revenues diverted to the other airlines during a labor shutdown.

Joining in the agreement were Capital, American, Eastern, Pan American World Airways, TWA, and United Air Lines.

The pact is retroactive to Oct. 20, four days after the beginning of a current Machinists Union strike against Capital. It will also apply to an Eastern walkout threatened for 12 midnight tomorrow.