Ravenel, Briggs Will Face Tigers

Varsity quarterback Charlie Ravenel and first-string tackle Pete Briggs are expected to be ready for action Saturday as the Crimson football team meets a powerful Princeton team at Palmer Stadium.

Ravenel stated yesterday, "I'm in perfect shape, as good as I ever was." The diminutive quarterback was shaken up last Saturday against Penn as he helped to break up a Quaker pass play.

As Ravenel explained it, the play was a short pass into his defensive zone. He was forced to run up to meet the ball, and in doing so collided with another Crimson defender, halfback Don Gerety. His injury was diagnosed as a mild concussion.

Briggs is recovering from a severe charley horse which he sustained only seconds before Ravenel's injury. His leg has caused him trouble in nearly every game this year, and the week-to-week pounding has not given it ample opportunity to heal.

The crushing line play that is Briggs' specialty was definitely missed in the Penn contest, although substitute tackle Bob Pillsbury turned in a commendable job. It is probable that Briggs will see action against Princeton, but his mobility may be somewhat hampered.