SGA Accepts Plan to Offer Musical Hit

By Pauline A. Rubbelke

In a special emergency meeting yesterday, the Radcliffe Student Council voted to support the production of Wonderful Town for this year's Drumbeats and Song.

Drumbeats had been without a script since an original musical adaptation of Gogol's Government Inspector was rejected last week as "too ambitious" for the time available before the show opens March 13.

Wonderful Town was proposed because it was "ready made" and work on staging could begin immediately, according to Nina Rolnick '59, chairman of Grant-In-Aid. Miss Rolnick also suggested that it might be cheaper to produce than Government Inspector. Little scenery is necessary and street clothes could serve as costumes.

Minimum Cost Set

Members of the production staff felt that the show could be produced at a minimum cost of $1295, although miscellaneous costs might bring it toward the $1600 allotted for Government Inspector. The Broadway musical, which concerns two girls seeking jobs in New York, could be adapted to a Cambridge locale, the staff suggested.

The Radcliffe production will be directed by Louise N. Bell '59 and produced by John B. Prizer '61 and Marcel Ugols '61. They intend to start work on the production immediately. Casting for all parts will be held today through Wednesday.