The Times Are Out of Joint . . .

A team of CRIMSON editors and their friends sped to New York Saturday to bring the news to that newsless city. They distributed more than 7,000 New York editions of the CRIMSON along Fifth Avenue from the Plaza south to Macy's and Gimbels, in Times Square, and in the theatre district for the Saturday matinees.

Although licensing restriction required that the papers be distributed free on the streets, a few New Yorkers insisted on paying for their copies, and the New York Times purchased $2.00 worth of the special edition for its city room. Only one passer-by refused to take a paper when it was pressed on him. "No thanks," he said, "I'm a subscriber."

After giving out most of their papers to a news hungry audience the editors were interviewed on NBC's weekend radio show, Monitor, and on a local television newscast from NBC's New York outlet, WRCA. Crimeds also left papers at the New York Harvard and Yale clubs, but were not invited to lunch by either organization.

Cars carrying eleven distributors and the special edition left Cambridge at 4:30 a.m. Saturday and returned some 20 hours later.