School Editors to Meet At 'Crimson' Conference

Thirty-four editors of Northeastern school newspapers will arrive in Cambridge this afternoon for the third annual CRIMSON Conference on Scholastic Journalism.

The conference is being conducted again this year in the hope that "we can interest the participants in publishing better school newspapers, and also to introduce them to Harvard and its student publications," according to Bryce E. Nelson '59, president of the CRIMSON.

Representatives from preparatory and high school newspapers will register at 4:30 p.m. Some will visit the new Boston Globe plant, while others will tour the University. During the day, each of the visitors will meet with a CRIMSON editor who has studied his paper this fall. The staff will demonstrate all phases in the publishing of the CRIMSON.

Dean Monro and Donald Willard of the Boston Globe will speak to the representatives tonight at a Harvard Union dinner. At a luncheon tomorrow, they will meet Louis Lyons, curator of the Nieman Fellowships, and several of the Nieman Fellows.

CRIMSON editors will conduct seminars on makeup and news coverage, censorship, sports writing, features, editorials, and business management tomorrow morning.