Radcliffe Alters Drumbeats Show; Bell Will Direct

A musical adaptation of Gogol's Government Inspector has been cancelled as the Radcliffe Drumbeats and Song production for this year, Nina Rolnick '59, chairman of the Radcliffe Grant-in-Aid Committee, announced yesterday.

It became apparent in late October that the project for the musical was too ambitious for the time available, Miss Rolnick said, although she hopes it can be done some time in the future. J. Jeremy Johnston '61 was to have done the adaptation with the use of Russian folk music.

Prizer and Ugols Still Producers

Plans for the replacement show cannot be disclosed at this date, but the earlier producers, John B. Prizer, Jr. '61 and Marcel Ugols '61 will continue in their capacity.

Mark J. Mirsky '61, who was originally to direct the Gogol show, has been replaced by Louise Bell '59. Mirsky was involved in the recent walkout from the HDC production of The Good Woman of Setzuan, but denied that the HDC incident had anything to do with his departure from Drumbeats and Song.

The original agreement on Government Inspector, Mirsky said, was that the show would be ready for production in March. When it became apparent that this was impossible, he had no further connection with it.