Green Edges Yardling Swimmers; Freshman Place Second in Track

Crimson freshman swimmers were barely edged by Dartmouth, 43 to 42, at the I.A.B. Saturday. Dartmouth took the meet despite strong Harvard showing in free style, breaststroke and relay races.

Bruce Hunter starred for the freshmen, winning the 100-yard feestyle. His time of 51.7 seconds was one second better than his recent victory against Springfield College.

Hunter swam anchor position for two winning relay combinations. The Yardlings won both the 400-yard medley relay with a time of 4:14.9 and the 400-yard freestyle relay in 3:42.2.

Bill Schellstede also was outstanding, as he won the 200-yard breaststroke in 2:39.4. He swam in the 400-yard medley, along with Hunter, Tony Hoag and Thomas Bartlett. Swimmers in the winning freestyle combination included Fred Cooley, Win Huppuch, David Ottaway and Hunter.

Yardling Track Second

In New Haven Saturday afternoon, the freshman track team took second in the Big Three indoor track meet at Yale's Cox Cage. Yale won the meet with a score of 57.7, while Harvard, with 49.95, and Princeton with 29.35, trailed the Elis.

Tom Blodgett, former Exeter track captain, starred for the Yardlings, winning the 60-yard high hurdles and the pole vault. First place in the 35-pound hammer throw was taken by Stan Doten. Harvey Brickman won the high jump and Jared Fitzgerald took first in the two-mile run.

Fitzgerald was second in the one-mile run, which was won by Yale's freshman star, Tom Carroll. Carroll's time for the mile, 4:21.1, was more than three seconds faster than the winning time registered by varsity captain Pete Reider.