Varsity Fencers Top Underdog MIT Team

Varsity fencers last night defeated a weak M.I.T. team by a score of 20 to 7. This was the identical score by which Crimson swordsmen downed the University of Connecticut last Saturday.

Peter Boyce and Bill Trebilcock each won two bouts in foil. Single victories were scored by Mike Klapper, Filippe Charat and Dick Johnson. Dave Johnson's two losses accounted for Tech's only foil wins.

In sabre, Doug Runnels won three bouts, with Mitch Thomas and Manuel Cabral winning two each.

Bruce Parker, Tony Enders, and Dave Schwartz each lost a single bout to a strong M.I.T. epee squad.

Recommended Articles

M. Fencing Beats Tufts; Both Drop to Lions
Hosting both Columbia and Tufts on Saturday, the Harvard fencing teams both fell to Ivy foe Columbia, while the men
M.,W. Fencing Makes Steady Improvements
As the Harvard women's fencing team can attest, the road to glory sometimes contains a few speed bumps. After taking
Fencers Lose to Tigers
Harvard's varsity fencing team lost its first Ivy League contest Saturday when it was edged 14-13 by a sharp Princeton
Fencers Place Sixth, Bennett in Finals
NEW YORK--The Royal Manhattan Hotel is located at 42nd Street and 8th Ave. So after the Harvard fencing team checked
Valenzuela Leads Sabre Squad to Fifth Place IFA Finish
The Harvard sabre men, who bulwarked the Crimson fencing team throughout the regular season, amassed 21 wins Saturday to grab
7-2 Sabre Decision Helps Fencers Beat Cornell Varsity, 14-13
Only a very good showing in sabre saved the varsity fencing match with Cornell Saturday; the Crimson lost both the