Stillman Will Admit Patients From 'Cliffe

Annex Obtains Use Of Infirmary Ward

By Alan H. Grossman

Radcliffe students who require emergency medical treatment at night, on weekends, and holidays are now being taken to Stillman Infirmary by taxicab. It has also been learned that the fourth floor of the infirmary will be used as a full-time, ten-bed Radcliffe ward beginning in the fall.

The Radcliffe shift to Stillman will mean that more time can be devoted to Annex service; that administration will be less cumbersome; and most important, that sick Radcliffe students will more often be treated by doctors rather than by nurses or methods of selfmedication, Dana L. Farnsworth, Director of the University Health Services, indicated.

The opening of the Radcliffe ward will have to be approved by the Massachusetts departments of Public Health and Fire Prevention, and other state supervisory bodies.

New Exam Center Acquired

The University Health Services has also acquired a seven-room suite in the basement of the University telephone exchange building behind Apley Court, which will be used as a physical examination center for College and graduate students, members of the faculty and University employees.

The suite will open in late March, and should be "a considerable help in alleviating crowded conditions at 15 Holyoke St.," according to Dr. Farnsworth.

He strongly emphasized that both the Radcliffe ward and the telephone building examination center are temporary measures, and will be dispensed with in 1960, when the new Harvard-Radcliffe Health Center opens.