Orientation Camp Will Supplement ROTC Program

Juniors in Army ROTC will have a chance to learn the ropes of barracks life early this year at a bivouac, planned for March 24. The overnight ordeal, intended to prepare the men better for summer encampment, was recommended by a committee of this year's seniors.

Fort Devens will play host to the current juniors, who hope to improve on the performance of last summer's group. The Army's training program for the ROTC students will include M-1 rifle practice, real boot camp food and instruction in bed-making and the displaying of equipment.

The camp also serves as a training center for Yale, Dartmouth, and about 15 other New England colleges. Although Harvard men placed first in the academic part of last year's summer program, they did not do so well in other areas, largely due to the lack of experience.

Colonel Devere P. Armstrong, professor of Military Science and Tactics, referring to his group's performance at the camp, said, "We are trying to take preliminary action that will permit Harvard men to do better up there."