Cambridge Board of Appeals Votes To Grant Permit for Quincy House

The Cambridge Board of Appeals has voted to issue a building permit for the construction of Quincy House, the CRIMSON definitely learned last night. The official announcement is expected some time today.

In addition to granting the University permission to build the House, the permit names certain restrictions, not yet revealed, with which the construction of the building must comply. The restrictions should not, however, alter the present concept of the structure.

The permit was issued despite various "interests" which are "against" the proposal enabling the University to construct the building. Since the subject was debated for several days, the vote was postponed for almost a week.

Meanwhile, all work remains stopped on the building project, as representatives of labor and contracting firms are still negotiating for a wage contract. As of yet, there is no indication of when the strike will end.

Some University officials have expressed a belief that the strike will not delay completion of the House past the proposed date of September, 1959.