Lacrosse Team Stops Crusaders

The varsity lacrosse team recovered from a case of first period ineffectiveness yesterday to soundly thrash Holy Cross by the score of 12 to 5 on the Business School field. The Crimson attack was led by Jerry Pyle and Dub Mallonee, each of whom had six points,

At the end of the first period, the hustling Crusaders showed every intention of running away with the game, scoring goals five seconds apart at 5:12 and 5:17, and adding a third tally four minutes later.

The tide quickly turned as the second period began, however, as the varsity's passing gained a crispness that was sorely lacking in the opening quarter. Mallonee set up two goals from behind the nets by passing to an attackman out in front of the crease.

Then unassisted goals by Larry Connell and Nick Lamont put the Crimson in the lead for the first time at 10:12. The Mallonee-Pyle combination followed with three goals within three minutes to send Harvard on with a 7 to 3 halftime lead.

The varsity seemed to ease its pressing attack in the third period, in which the only goal was made by a Holy Cross attackman, but in the final period defensive play became sloppy, with five goals by the Crimson and one by the Crusaders.

Recommended Articles

Around the ECAC: Harvard Stays on Top By a Point
Despite Harvard's crushing 5-3 defeat at Vermont Saturday night, the Crimson (6-4-1, 5-3-1 ECAC) still remains atop the ECAC standings
Crimson Freshmen Trounce Port Huron Squad
A balanced scoring attack, led by Lyman Bullard's two goals, helped Harvard's undefeated freshman hockey squad to its fourth consecutive
JV Stickmen Skate to Early Lead, Wallop Weak Boston State Six, 10-3
The Harvard JV Hockey Squad handed Boston State a 10-3 defeat yesterday afternoon--the second win this season over BSC--to bring
Varsity Sextet Swamps Green; Cleary Scores 3 in 8-3 Victory
HANOVER, N.H., Feb. 16--The varsity hockey team went into undisputed first place in the Ivy League tonight at Davis Rink
Crimson Lacrosse Team Overpowered By Eli Squad, 11-5
The varsity lacrosse team ended its season Saturday, losing to Yale, 11 to 5, in a disappointingly sloppy game at
Cornell Lacrosse Team Overcomes Crimson, 12 to 9
The varsity lacrosse squad again collapsed in the final period and fell before Cornell, 12 to 9, Saturday in a