Golfers Beat Brown; Lose to Tiger Squad

The Crimson golf team defeated Brown yesterday, 6 to 1, but lost to a strong Princeton squad, 5 to 2, The match was played at the Charles River Golf Course.

Allan Steinert was medalist for the match, with a one under par 71. The Princeton score nearest to this was Charley Dudley's 72. But with the exception of Steinert and Frank Grundeman. the varsity squad played poor golf. Brown's team is generally conceded to be one of the weakest in the East, while Princeton is the hardest competition which the Crimson has faced this season.

Captain Warren Iliff was three down with three to go and won all of the last holes, losing to Princeton on the nineteenth. Watt Tyler, playing seventh, lost to Princeton on the seventeenth hole. Iliff also lost to Brown, 2-1, while Tyler defeated his Brown opponent, 5-4.

Leading off, Perry Driggs lost to Princeton and defeated Brown. Allan Steinert won both matches. Dodge and Beady both lost to Princeton, 4-3, and defeated Brown. Grundeman defeated Princeton and Brown, one up and 4-3.

The varsity's next match will be played on Tuesday at Charles River, against a fairly strong Holy Cross team. Next Saturday the Crimson will travel to New York City to meet Columbia and Penn.