Varsity Ten Plays Today Against Penn

An injury-ridden varsity lacrosse team must be rated a slight favorite over a traditionally poor Pennsylvania squad when it meets the Quakers in Philadelphia this morning. The Crimson's lethargic attack will not be the only factor handicapping it today, for two starters have not made the trip, and a third may not see action.

Defenseman John Baldwin, who suffered a shoulder separation in the last practice session, and Jerry Cotter, sidelined with a shoulder injury during the M.I.T. game Tuesday, are not making the trip. They will both miss the next few games. Dub Mallonee, the team's leading scorer, was in the infirmary this week with a strep throat, and may not play against Penn.

Taking Baldwin's place on defense, and starting his first game, will be Lanny Keyes. Cotter's position on the second midfield with Manuel Cabral and John Gould remains in question. The spot may be filled by Bob Hurlbut, who went to Philadelphia along with the regular first and third midfields.

The attack will probably be Jerry Pyle, Nick Lamont and Fran Loewald, with sophomore Andy Leaf also making the trip. Goalie Dick MacKinnon, who was bothered by the slippery cage area in the last minute loss to M.I.T., and Chris Stone will again guard the nets.