Six Student Editors From USSR Arrive Here for Whirlwind Visit

By Robert D. Gamble

Six Russian student editors arrived in the U.S. yesterday, after being delayed for three days by the Soviet government. They will come to Cambridge this morning for a three day whirlwind visit, before proceeding westward.

The exchange of student editors was arranged by the National Student Association following the recent negotiations on cultural exchange. Six American student editors are presently touring Russian universities.

Soon after their arrival in Cambridge, the Russians will hold a press conference in Winthrop House. The N.S.A., the Radcliffe Student Government Association and the Russian Research Center have arranged several receptions and dinners for them and they are scheduled to meet Cambridge Mayor Thomas M. McNamara.

To Visit CRIMSON

On Tuesday night, after listening to the Yard Concert, the Russians will visit the CRIMSON. They will live in M.I.T. dormitories during their stay in Cambridge.

The Russians will probably have difficulty conversing with the Americans they meet, for according to Gail Warshofsky '59, president of the Radcliffe S.G.A., only two of the six speak English.

The difficulties of negotiating an exchange which will send eight Harvard and Radcliffe students to Russia this summer were told to the Harvard Experimenters in International Living yesterday by John Wallace, vice president of the Experiment.