Crimson to Face Yale In Golf Match Today

The Crimson golf team, in good form and high in confidence after a double win over Columbia and Penn last Saturday, will meet the perennially strong Yale varsity this afternoon at New Haven. Coach Cooney Weiland said last night, "The squad has an excellent chance to give a very good account of itself."

Although Weiland has not yet decided upon the lineup, it is probable that the team will play in this order: Allan Steinert, Perry Driggs, Dave Beadie, Warren Iliff, Frank Dodge, Bob Grundeman and Bob David.

The first three Eli golfers will be Frank Dolph, John Gilford--who are undefeated so far--and Long Island amateur champion Tom Gillison. The Yale course is difficult, long, tricky, and full of blind holes. The Crimson squad went to New Haven yesterday to practice on it. Although the Crimson defeated Yale last year, that was its first victory over the Bulldogs in 26 years. If Harvard wins today it will be its first defeat of Yale at New Haven in over 50 years.

The Freshmen will also meet the Elis at New Haven today. Their probable lineup will be: Warren, Locker, Schulz, Lipsky, Mann, Bookin, Ravendal, and Murphy.