Parkinson, Tate To Join Visiting Summer Faculty

C. Northcote Parkinson, author of "Parkinson's Law," and Allen Tate, poet and critic, will teach courses in History and English at the Summer School this year.

Thomas E. Crooks '49, assistant director of the Summer School, said he is "completely satisfied" with the faculty for this summer, and added that "it is one of the best groups we've ever had."

The other visiting professors will include Gustave Reese, professor of Music at N.Y.U., Paul R. Hanna, Lee L. Jacks Professor of Child Education at Stanford, and Angus E. Taylor, professor of Mathematics at U.C.L.A.

New Field Introduced

The Summer School plans to introduce a new field, Middle Eastern Studies, into its curriculum. Ten courses will be given in this field, including seven language courses, two government courses, and an anthropology course.

Advanced registration for the Summer School has been slightly higher so far this year than it was last year, with 477 students already signed up. Last year at this time 445 students had registered.

A total of 2,887 students completed registration last year, including 872 from Harvard and Radcliffe. Of these, about 100 did not complete the summer course, and many more dropped part of their curriculum in mid-summer. A slight increase in the number of students admitted to the School is expected this year.