Tennis Team To Meet Big Green On Away Courts

Snow, rain, and sub-freezing temperatures at Dartmouth yesterday caused the postponement of the varsity tennis team's match with the Big Green until this afternoon.

Captain Dale Junta will not make the trip to Hanover, since he is resting his injured back for the Yale match next Wednesday. Third singles man Ned Weld, suffering from a blistered hand, also may not play.

Nevertheless, the Crimson is favored. Dartmouth had trouble defeating Williams and was soundly trounced by Princeton, whereas the varsity crushed the Ephmen, and was on its way to a victory over the Tigers when the rain began.

Although comparative scores are often misleading, there is every indication that the Crimson will win its fourth straight Eastern League contest this afternoon. If the weather holds out through Saturday, the varsity should have six league victories, as it meets Columbia tomorrow and Navy the next day.

The Yardlings will also play at Hanover today, against a fairly good Dartmouth freshman team. In the first singles match, Bob Bowditch will meet the Indians' Ron Picket, who last year won the New York State High School Championship.