Tanglewood Trip Departs Friday At Thayer Gate

The annual Summer School trip to Tanglewood will depart from the Thayer Gate tomorrow afternoon at 1:30 led by Roger Burton, Counsellor for Men. As of press time last night there were no available reservations. Most seats on the bus have reportedly been taken by undergraduate women.

Members of the tour will attend the three main concerts this weekend. On Friday evening, Pierre Monteux will conduct the Boston Symphony in a program composed of selections from Glinka's "Russlan and Ludmilla;" Tchaikovsky's Fourth Symphony; the Overture to Milhaud's "Les Eumenides," Debussy's "Three Nocturnes," and Ravel's "La Valse."

The next evening, Charles Munch will conduct the BSO in a performance of Stravinsky's "Agon;" Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 3, and "La Mer," by Debussy.

Members of the tour will also be invited to attend a chamber music concert Sunday morning at 10 a.m., given by the student Berkshire Music Orchestra. That afternoon, Munch will conduct the BSO in a concert of Bartok (Music for Strings, Percussion, and Celesta), Ravel (second suite from "Daphnis and Chloe") and Tschaikovsky (the Violin Concerto), with violin solo by Zino Francescatti.