AFROTC Eases Requirements in New Curriculum

New Air Force ROTC cadets will be able to take advantage of a greatly lightened ROTC curriculum now required, Lt. Col. Richard C. Brock, the new professor of Air Science, announced recently.

Under this newly approved program, students will be required to complete only four semesters of Air Science courses.

In the freshman year, students will take a lower-level Nat Sci course, preferably 2, 3, or 9. In addition, they will attend afternoon drill periods during the fall and spring. There will be no drills or Air Science courses during the winter, and students can also take lab courses instead of a Nat Sci.

Sophomores will take Air Science 2a and 2b and juniors will take Air Science 3 and Soc Sci 112, which will be revised into a half-course. Seniors will take Air Science 4 and must have completed either Government 180, 185, or 190 by graduation. Monday afternoon leadership labs will be required for all three upperclass years.

Navy Program Changes

In Navy ROTC one year of college math will be required of Regular students in addition to the physics course, Capt. Richard T. Spofford, professor of Naval Science, announced yesterday. Also, contract students may be admitted to the NROTC program with vision as low as 20/40.

Spofford attributed a slight increase in freshman enrollment in the program to the tense international situation, a direct contrast to last year's talk of military cutbacks and a suspension of the draft.

Col. DeVere P. Armstrong, professor of Military Science and Tactics, reaffirmed his department's standing policy that graduate students other than Harvard graduates, who have had two years of basic ROTC at a land-grant college may be eligible for the advanced course. This also applies to undergraduate transfer students, he said.