Adams Ford Grant Will Bring Panofsky, Wilbur

Allocations to Be 'Slightly Higher'

By John R. Adler

Art historian Erwin Panofsky and poet Richard Wilbur will visit Adams House during the coming year under the Ford Foundation grant, Master Reuben A. Brower revealed yesterday. Kirkland House also heads the early planners with "visitors in the social sciences and natural sciences fields definitely included," Master Charles H. Taylor disclosed.

According to Dean Bundy, the allocation to each House will be a little more" than last year's sum of $2400.

For the third year, Lowell House will apply its funds to a series of Ford dinners, Master Elliott Perkins '23 stated. A Faculty committee will decide on the actual guests at the dinners, but Perkins promised that he will "try to meet all appetites."

Dudley House Funds will again be used for a summer study scholarship and for concentration dinners, acting Allston Burr Senior Tutor Alexander Welsh '54 predicted, although plans are not yet final. Winthrop, Eliot and Dunster Houses have not yet decided how to use their Ford grants. Leverett House will discuss application of its funds tomorrow.

Art Instructor for House

Again this year an artist will meet once a week with the Adams art class, Brower added. The balance of the program, he said, will be decided upon by informal discussion within the House.

Taylor complained that "the students ask for nothing but headliners," adding that last year former Secretary of State Dean Acheson and former President Harry S. Truman had been asked to visit Kirkland House, but had been unable to do so.

He stated that "I would like to get in some visitors in the social sciences," and that, "I have a couple in mind." Kirkland will again "experiment" with small suppers for students and "selected people," Taylor said. "We might very well have something on music."