Senior Petition Has 565 Names

By Frederick W. Byron jr.

The petition which has been circulated in the dining halls during the past few days asking for a new election of Senior Class Marshals has accumlated the signatures of 565 seniors, according to King K. Holmes '59. This total represents slightly more than fifty per cent of the Senior Class.

According to Holmes, the signed petitions have been turned over to the charge of D. Dwight Dogherty, Jr. '59 and Frederick H. Joseph '59, both members of the Permanent Class Committee of the Class of 1959. Dogherty said last night that he and Joseph would present the signatures to the Deans today, although he was not certain what action the Deans might take on such a petition.

Dean Monro has previously indicated that he would not feel it in the Deans' power to call for a new election unles some concrete evidence of dishonesty were brought forward.

Dogherty also stated that an "informal" meeting of the Senior Class Committee and the four Marshals has been called for this evening in P.B.H. First Marshal Marc E. Leland '59 emphasized that this would definitely be an informal get-together since only he is empowered to call a formal meeting of that group. He added, however, that he would be glad to attend such a meeting, which according to Dogherty will consider possible courses of action in light of the recent petition.