Squash Team Takes Shutout Over Cornell; Fencers Lose, 16-11

The varsity squash team romped 9 to 0 over a weak Cornell team at Ithaca Saturday. In the only fairly close match of the day, Tim Gallwey edged Bob Lawrence, second man for the Red Raiders and the only Cornell player to win a set. Gallwey managed to take the first set 17-16, won the second comfortably, then lost the third by a score of 13-15, but won the last set and most exciting of the match, 18-17.

Captain Charlie Hamm led the shutout with a 3-0 victory over Kay Champion. His eight teammates, from number three man to number nine, also turned in 3 to 0 sweeps. The result of the match was never in doubt to the unbeaten squash team, which will seek its sixth straight win against Williams Wednesday.

Crimson Drops Match

The Cornell-Harvard Ivy League fencing match at the I.A.B. was much closer, but the Crimson bowed, 16 to 11. The varsity sabre trio won six out of nine bouts and was the only bright spot for the home team. Sabremen Manuel Cabral, Don Tingle, and Mike Woolf completely outclassed their respective Cornell opponents and each won two out of three times.

The Red Raider fencers won only five of the nine foil bouts, but their large 8 to 1 rout in the epee matches gave them the win. Anthony Enders posted the only Crimson win in the epee bouts.