CRIMSON All-Ivy Eleven Resolves Nascent Disputes

By T.m. Rothencott

With the Ivy League season not even completed, two of the nation's cherished institutions--the Associated Press and Sports Illustrated--published their all-Ivy football teams early this week. Others, who have the decency to wait for the end of the season, will no doubt soon follow suit. The CRIMSON has decided to add its authoritative selections, in order to esolve the conflicts that are bound to appear.

The AP earned the undying scorn of the Boston sportswriters (and perhaps also some gratitude for providing copy) by leaving two of their darlings, Chet Boulris and Bill Gundy, off the first team. SI, on the other hand, took the easy way out of the halfback problem and named a twelve-man team, with Boulris, Crouthamel, and Fred Doelling at halfback, saying that the three were "inseparable." Boulris, Crouthemal, and Doelling might deny this with some heat.

The Crimson accepts no such easy solutions, and nominates the following eleven as the best at their position: Paul Choquette (Brown), fullback; Boulris (Harvard), and Doelling (Penn), halfbacks; Gundy (Dartmouth), quarterback; Bob Federspiel (Columbia), and John Seksinsky (Penn), ends; Bob Asack (Columbia), and Gordon Batcheller (Princeton), tackles; Bob Boye (Dartmouth), and John Marchiano (Penn), guards; and Mike Pyle (Yale), center.

And for a second team, if one is needed:

Rich Winkler (Yale), fullback; Crouthamel (Dartmouth), and Hugh Scott (Princeton), halfbacks; Charlie Ravenel (Harvard), quarterback; Ed Kosteinik (Princeton), and John Sadusky (Cornell), ends; Tom Budrewicz (Brown), and Eric Nelson (Harvard), tackles; Raleigh Davenport (Yale), and Warren Sundstrom (Cornell), guards; and Ron Champion (Penn), center.

Some, inadequately familiar with Ivy League football, may question these selections, but their merit should be self-evident.