Seven Houses Will Receive Hutch Diners

Leverett House students will take their meals at all the other House dining halls next fall, John J. Conway, Master, announced yesterday. The Masters had previously decided that Leverett students would eat at Quincy House until Thanksgiving next fall, when renovations on their own dining room are scheduled to be completed.

At their meeting this week, the Masters decided that those who could not be accommodated in the Quincy dining room would be assigned to the other seven Houses. Conway said that it had not been decided what principle of distribution will be used in determining which students will eat in each dining hall. He indicated that it was not certain whether students' choices would be considered, and said that perhaps entry groups or alphabetical divisions would from the basis for assigning students.

The Quincy House dining hall will be ready for use next September, but apparently cannot accommodate the Leverett House group. The Leverett dining room is to be extensively modified. Repairs will continue throughout the summer and fall. Soundproofing will be installed, and the steam tables will be moved back into the present kitchen area.