Members of Three Student Groups Announce Election of New Officers

The Pierian Sodality of 1808, WHRB, and the Harvard-Radcliffe United Nations Council elected officers for the year 1959-60 recently.

Harlow Russell III '60, of Eliot House and Winchester, was elected president of the Pierian Sodality. Under the provisions of a recent merger, Sigrid A. Lemlein '60, of Moors Hall and Brookline, the first woman to be elected to the Sodality since 1808, became house president. Robert C. Kogan '62, of pennypacker Hall and New Rochelle, N.Y., was chosen secretary. and Paul H. Riesman '60, of Adams House and Cambridge, was elected treasurer.

WHRB named John H. Shenefield '60 of Eloit House and Washington, D.C., president. Other officials chosen were: Kenneth W. Gilchrist '60, of Kirkland House and Gadsden, Ala., vice-president; James F. Flug '60, of Dunster House and New York City, treasurer; Preston Townley '60, of Leverett House and Minneapolis, Minn., station manager and member of the Administrative Board; and Edward J. McGuire, Jr. '60, of Leverett House and Port Washington, N.Y., member of the Administrative Board.

The U.N. Council elected Eldon J. Eisenach '60, of Lowell House and Yankton, S.D., president and Judith A. Long '61, of Edmands Hall and Parkville, Mo., executive vice-president.

Also chosen as vice-president were James F. Collins '61, of Lowell House and Northfield, III.; Michael Hornblow '62, of Thayer Hall and Los Angeles, Calif.; Howard J. Phillips '62, of Dudley House and Brighton; Robert C. Thompson '62, of Grays Hall and Albuquerque, N.M.; and Johanna Watson '61, of McIntire House and North Quincy.

Elizabeth T. Marple '61, of Cabot Hall and Portland, Ore., was elected as the Council's secretary, while Sheldon A. Vincenti '60, of Lowell House and Ogden, Utah, was named treasurer.

All three of the organizations have, in the past year, considered and passed on Harvard-Radcliffe mergers.