Princeton Clubs Tap Sophomores In Annual Bicker

PRINCETON, N.J., Feb. 5--Bicker entered its final, most hectic stage tonight, as Princeton's 16 undergraduate eating clubs issued bids to their selected groups of sophomores.

Tower, a "middle" club, was the last to open its bidding, starting only last night. Of the rest, some have issued all their bids, while the others are in various stages of the process. No exact statistics are being released on the number of sophomores still without bids, but sources on the sophomore Bicker Committee indicate that it may be more than five per cent of the class.

The 40 or more people without bids may be worked into various clubs through the system of "preferentials." Men with solid, "first-line" bids to more than one club may notify a club that they will not join unless some of their friends with "second-list" bids or no bids at all are accepted.

Until this maneuvering is completed, it is difficult to tell exactly how each club "section" will take shape and how many men will be "hundred per centers." A hundred per center is defined this year as a sophomore who has not received a first-list bid or joined Prospect Club--a cooperative organization holding an open Bicker--by 10 p.m. tomorrow night, Open House Night.

Woodrow Wilson Lodge, the "alternate facility" provided by the University, has attracted approximately 45 to 50 sophomores to date and is expected to draw another 30 by the end of Bicker.