Nassau's Bicker Reaches Climax

By Peter J. Rothenberg, (Special to the CRIMSON)

PRINCETON, N.J., Feb. 5- Approximately 30 sophomores were still without first-list bids for an eating club last night, as Princeton's annual Bicker period went into its eleventh and last day.

Members of the sophomore Bicker Committee revealed that about 10 or 11 men have received no bids at all, while another 20 have only second-list bids. These sophomores might be able to get into a club if their friends with first-list bids can exert enough pressure on the club Bicker committees. For these men, and for those who are helping them, the last two days have constituted a period of frantic negotiations.

These dealings went on yesterday afternoon in informal Bicker at Holder Court, and continued last night as the club committees made their final visits to sophomores' rooms. This afternoon Holder Court will again be the scene of the informal Bicker and the sophomores will sign up at the clubs of their choice tonight, starting at 7:30 p.m.

"Hundred Percenters"

Those still without bids tonight at 10 p.m. will be classified as "hundred percenters." Bicker officials hope that there will be no one in this category and that, if there are some, they will be absorbed amicably by the various clubs. It has been reported that the 16 clubs Bickering have agreed to accept one "hundred percenter" each, if the number stays below 16.

President Robert F. Goheen and William D'O. Lippincott, Dean of Students, told the CRIMSON yesterday that they placed no credence whatever in reports that all but two of the clubs are operating with religious quotas.