Lightweights Meet Yale, Princeton; Heavyweight Crew Visits Annapolis

By Michael Churchill

Both Crimson crews step into the lion's den this weekend as the heavyweights take on Pennsylvania and Navy at Annapolis and the lightweights journey to Princeton for a triangular regatta with the Elis and Tigers.

Defense of the Adams Cup provides the first real competition for the heavyweight squad. Competition it will be, because a loss last weekend to Yale by a single second.

Crimson coach Harvey Love is sticking with the lineup which set a course record on the Charles last Saturday. An extremely strong boat, the varsity in its two outings so far has had little opposition, but its ability under pressure will be severely tested tomorrow.

The Goldwaith Cup regatta at Princeton, offers a rematch between Princeton lightweights and an Eli crew which edged out the Tiger eight by a bare three feet in a race last weekend. No doubt the Yale boat is considerably stronger now than earlier in the season when it succumbed to Dartmouth. Nevertheless, the formidable Crimson victory over the Indians last Saturday offers indication of another win for Laury Coolidge's undefeated varsity.