Reynolds to Retire After 14-Year Term

Edward Reynolds '15, Administrative Vice President of the University, will retire this summer. His successor, announced yesterday by President Pusey, will be L. Gard Wiggins, Comptroller of the University.

During the 14 years in which he served at his present post, Reynolds has been the University's chief business officer. He has held responsibility for building construction and maintenance, student room and board facilities, the security of University property, and the keeping of financial accounts.

Reynolds term of office, which began in 1946, has been one of almost unprecedented University growth. It is generally felt that in this period he did much to order and centralize the activities which might otherwise have expanded haphazardly. He was also an important figure in the revamping of the University pension system, a process which has been going on since the war.

In addition to his University post, Reynolds has held a seat on the board which supervises the activities of the Brook-haven National Laboratory.

A Brigadier General during World War II, Reynolds was Chief of Medical Supplies. For his wartime work he received the Distinguished Service Cross. Before 1942, his career had been in business and finance.

Wiggins, who has been University Comptroller since 1954, also joined the administration after a career in business.