Ravenel to Return For Tiger Contest

Charlie Ravenel will not play Saturday against Dartmouth, reported Dr. Thomas Quigly physician, yesterday, rumors that the injured quarterback may return to nation earlier originally expected. Quigley said, "Ravenel's progress is perfectly normal, and he will return just when we said he would-for the Prinseton game."

Ravenel, who suffered a sprained knee ligament early in the Massachusetts game Oct. 1, is off crutches now but still has a pronounced limp.

The apparent winner of the number one quarterback spot is Ted Halaby, a 5 ft., 10 in., 170 lb., junior from Rochester, N.Y., who directed an all-running drive for the Crimson's lone touchdown last Saturday against Columbia Coach John Yovicsin expects to call on Terry Bartolet to replace Halaby in passing situations.

A welcome returnee to the squad is Pete Hart. Hart, who had looked surprisingly good in pre-season practice, sustained a hand injury two weeks before the opening game. He is ready for full duty Saturday and will alternate with Bob Messenbaugh at right end.

The other injured regulars, linemen Tony Watters and Bill Greelish, will not play against the Indians.

The individual leaders in team statistics released yesterday are: rushing average, Larry Repsher (20 attempts, 143 yards, 7.2 average); total rushing, Hobie Armstrong (37 carries for 180 yards); total passing, Bartolet (25 attempts, 10 completions for 139 yards); punting, Bruce MacIntyre (17 punts, 634 yard total, 37.2 average); scoring, Jim Nelson (eight points).