Freshmen Lose to Green, 13-12; P.A.T. Failures Defeat Yardlings

For the second week in a row, the freshman eleven dropped a game in the concluding moments of play. The Yardliage lost to Dartmonth yesterday, 12 to 12.

Dominating the play in the first half, coach Henry Lamar's squad took ever early in the first quarter, marching the ball 70 yards in eight plays to paydirt. In that drive, quarterback Bill Hamousk bit Luther Harshbarger with a long pass to move the ball from the Crimson 30 yard line to the Indian's 34.

Right halfback Jeff Forbes took the ball ever from the three a few plays later. The run for the extra points failed, giving the Crimson a 6-0 edge.

In the second quarter it was a similar story, only beginning from the Dartmouth 45 yard line. Quarterback Mike Hassell scored the TD from the three yard line on a run to the right. The extra point attempt again failed, making the score 13 to 0.

With one minute left in the half, after blocking a Crimson punt, the Indians scored from Harvard's ten yard line on a short pass thrown by quarterback Ron Schram to end Hugh Harris, Joe Barchelder kicked the fatal extra point.

The Indians wrapped the game up late in the fourth quarter after marching the ball 22 yards from their own 12. Dartmouth fullback Ed Vancura scored--after which the Crimson appeared to give up.