Crimson to Meet Quaker J.V.; Yardlings Edge Holy Cross, 7-6

Crimson J.V. Football Squad Meets Single-Wing Penn Club

Meeting its first single-wing opposition, Coach Norm Shepard's JV eleven takes on Penn today at 10 a.m. on the JV field. The Crimson will be going after its fifth straight victory.

With quarterbacks Grady Watts and Chuck Kinney directing the attack, the Crimson will probably move as it has in the last four games--well. (Harvard has scored 94 points in four games.) The starting halfbacks will be Bob Hunter and Billy Taylor, backed up bench-wise by Harris Leroy and Sal Fiscina. Full-back Gil Bamford, who is out with shoulder trouble, will be replaced by Fred Bartl in the starting line-up.

Behind Bartle and expected to see a lot of action is junior fullback Barry O'Keefe, who has been sidelined with an injury most of the season.

The question mark is defense, and how the Crimson will handle its first single-wing opposition. Only one team--the Newport Naval Academy--has scored more than seven points against the Crimson.

With Tom McLaughlin at center; Walt Kelley and Dick Baker at guards; Ed Smith and Rick Rice at tackles; and Mike Adams and Ron Bonebrake at ends. The Crimson will offer a formidable defensive wall which should quake the Quakers.

That's how it looks in the crystal ball: the Crimson--but only after it has adjusted its defense to the Penn single-wing. It might take one series to get going: it shouldn't take more than one quarter.