Soviet Group to Visit Here for Seven Days

A group of eight Russians will arrive here Thursday for a week's stay. Members of the group, visiting the United States under the suspices of the Experiment in International Living, include journalists, engineers, party officials, and executives.

Ranging in age from about 20 to 35 years old, the Russians reached the United States Monday for a month long visit. The visit is part of the exchanges negotiated under the Lacy-Zarubin Agreement governing Soviet-American cultural exchanges.

Since treaty provisions make overnight visits with American families possible (a usual feature of the rest of the Experiment's programs), the students will stay at Radcliffe and the Graduate School dormitories.

The three female members of the group, including the vice-Chairman of the Communist Youth Organization for the entire Soviet Union, will stay at Comstock and Moors Hall during the seven days they spend in the Boston area. The men are expected to be quartered in Conant Hall.

During their attempt to become familiar with the entire Boston area the group will tour a meat packing plant and lunch with the workers. Inclusion of the plant followed a complaint from last year's group of Soviet students that they had never come in contact with the "American proletariat."