JV's Defeat Tufts For Second Win

The JV's romped to their second win of the season over an out-manned and out-played Tufts squad in the Stadium Wednesday, running up an impressive 28-0 tally.

Sophomore quarterback Bill Humenuk had a field day, passing for two touch-downs and running into the end zone himself for a third. Humenuk's favorite target was sophomore back Chip Gray, who scored 14 points.

Tufts' first attempt to move was frustrated by Bob Stringer's alert defensive play. After knocking one pass out of the air on second down, Stringer nailed a Tufts end for virtually no gain on the next play.

Harvard then took over the ball after a short punt to the Tufts 45 and marched for a touchdown in eight plays. The drive was capped with Humenuk's scoring toss to Gray from the 21 yard line.

Tufts Fumbles

A Tufts fumble shortly afterwards was recovered by Jeff Pochop. Soon the Crimson was off to another score. Humenuk, Stringer, and Scott Harshbarger took turns running through Tufts' tiring defenses. Once again Humenuk finished the job, this time by keeping on the option and rolling around right end to pay dirt.

The half-time break did little to slow the attack. Gaining the ball on an interception, Humenuk engineered the third TD in two plays. The tally came on a roll-out pass to Harshbarger from the 18, and Humenuk's pass to Pat Young for the conversion was good.