HAA Offers Kids Cheap Ivy Tickets

More Cambridge kids will see more Harvard football games because of the arrival of an old University policy.

"The Athletic Department has decided to admit schoolchildren at reduced rates to three Ivy League games per season, in addition to the usual two non-league contests. This decision represents a shift from an agreement of most Ivy colleges which limited the number of low cost commissions. Only Dartmouth and Princeton abstained.

Before the agreement, when Harvard had steel stands across the now open end of the stadium, as many as 5,000 children used to see four or five games or season. After the Ivy ruling, however, The University admitted the children only in non-Ivy games, such as Lehigh and Colgate.

This season, under the shift in policy, school kids will have gained admission to five games--Lehigh, Cornell, Colgate, Columbia, and Brown. Children under 12 years of age may be admitted for 25 cents if an adult from a recognized youth organization--school. Scouts, etc.--accompanies them. The organization must write a letter to the Athletic Department, and must guarantee one adult for every 3 children.

It has been reported that poor handling of the children's admissions at the Cornell game almost wrecked the entire plan. Reportedly, instead of issuing red strip" tickets to the kids, the Athletic Department sold them regular pastecard admissions--for 25 cents. Then, allegedly, the children resold the tickets for better prices on the Lars Anderson bridge.

Frank O. Lunden, ticket manager at Boylston St., denied the rumor. "I didn't know anything about it," he said. Lunden added that he had been inside the Stadium at the time and thus could not have seen what was happening on the bridge.