Arnoni Asserts Economic Gains Could Be U.S. Motive for War

Asserting that nations are concerned with "war objectives rather military capacity," M. S. Arnoni, editor of The Minority of One, last night said the United States' sole aim in World War I would be the "economic penetration" of the Soviet bloc.

In a speech sponsored by the Boston committee for Disarmament and Peace, Arnoni called "a dead enemy a useless army." Every war is waged for a purpose, he declared, and the United States would seek to once again "open the doors of China, Russia, and eastern purpose" for economic "exploitation." A nation of corpses will not provide customs."

Russia's objective in a war would therefore be to "defend its interests add to destroy challenges to its economic independence." Should Russia be victorious, the terms of surrender could provide for the United States' expansionist compulsion."

Condemns Nuclear Testing

Since the interests of the United States in World War III would require the "survival of masses of potential customers," it would have a definite reluctance to use nuclear weapons. Arnoni said "war would not obliterate any of the major nations with the possible exception of Germany." Hostility to another nation is not the cause of a war, but rather a preliminary or by-product. "Governments seldom engage in the emotionalism they encourage in people." But Russia's hatred of Germany might prove an exception to this maxim.

Germany's unrelenting opposition of Russia might cause its own destruction. In such a case, Arnoni said, Adenauer could be considered "the most treacheous politician any nation has ever produced," when the ultimate consequences of his policies are recognized. "If I were a German," Arnoni stated, "I would prefer to see Adenauer assassinated" than see him destroy Germany.