Barnard Hall to Host First 'Cliffe Art Show

Although no entries have yet been submitted, Barnard Hall will open its yellow doors to the "Radcliffe Art Exhibition" Saturday, Nov. 18, the first event of its kind in connection with the new House system.

Mirko Basaidella, Lecturer on Design, Theodore Lux Feininger, Lecturer on the fine Arts, and James Sloss Ackerman, professor of Fine Arts, will judge the paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography. Prizes totalling $30 will be awarded.

Members of Radcliffe College and the Radcliffe Graduate School are eligible to submit entries.

Joanna C. Bartlett '63, secretary of the sponsoring South House, is organizing the showing.

Entries are now being solicited, but will not be accepted after Wednesday, Nov. 15.

The art exhibition was planned by Barnard, Briggs, and Bertram Halls as the first large scale cultural House activity at Radcliffe. It is tentatively hoped, reported Miss Bartlett, that Barnard Hall will continue as the art center, and Holmes Hall has become the music center, for the College.