City Fund Seeks More Volunteers

A United Fund official has described the plight of the Cambridge drive as "critical" and has appealed to Harvard and Radcliffe undergraduates for help in door-to-door solicitation.

The Cambridge United Fund has been able to recruit only half of the 1200 volunteers necessary for the 1961 effort, according to Herman A. Siegel, Administration Chairman. "Perhaps if the people of Cambridge cannot handle the job, Harvard can," said Siegel, adding, however, that at least 600 local citizens have offered their services.

Siegel said that he hoped each Harvard or Radcliffe student would be able to handle just ten homes in the area--a total of two hours work to be completed in about a two-week period. United Fund headquarters are ready to give students the ten local addresses, if they call the local office (Mrs. Ahern at KI 7-1516).

At least 15 undergraduates from cooperative houses at the College have begun soliciting for the local drive, according to John E. Morris, Senior Tutor of Dudley House and town vice-chairman of the United Fund.