Crippled Soccer Varsity Travels To Wesleyan for Contest Today

A crippled varsity soccer team meets Wesleyan at Wesleyan today. For the Crimson, which is "in as bad shape as we've been all season," the game will be a tough one to win.

With Chris Ohiri and five other starters missing from the line-up, Coach Bruce Munro is looking to luck and his reserves. "You can pick our starters out of a hat," says Munro, who will be without his top players, Bill Ward, captain Ted Wendell, Tony Davies, Emmanuel Boye, Ed Klufio, and Ohiri.

Wesleyan has one of its best teams in years, and in its only Ivy encounter, it out-classed second-place Brown, 4 to 3. Cardinal Coach Hugh McCurdy promises "a good battle."

The Crimson has already lost one non-Ivy contest, against Williams 3 to 2. Chances are Munro will not use all his strength against Wesleyan, saving it for the big matches ahead: Brown and Yale. But it won't come as a big surprise if the Crimson's talented reserves come through gloriously.

The tentative starting front line includes Mike Kramer, John Thorndike, Al Chang, Seamus Malin, and Sam Rodd. In a half-back line cut to ribbons by injuries, Harvard will probably start Dave Clapp and Lou Williams. Right-half is undecided.

Except for Ohiri, the regular starters are expected to return for Brown.