Club, Organizer Await Hearing on 'Sing Out'

The student who organized last month's Sing Out for SANE at Club Mount Auburn 47 and the officers of the Club will be tried in East Cambridge District Court Nov. 21 on charges of selling food and providing entertainment without as license.

The case had been scheduled to come up yesterday. However, the Court granted a one-week delay because defense counsel Gerald Gillerman '49 was busy with other litigation.

If convicted, Walter Wanning '64 faces a small fine, while the Club could lose its charter as a non-profit corporation.

The complaint against Wanning and the Club was signed by Police Lieutenant Joseph Barry, who led a group of police, building inspectors and fire inspectors who closed the club Out. 30, hours before a second Sing-Out was scheduled to begin.

Although officials will probably respect the Club for compliance with fire laws in a few days, Gillerman said he has advised his clients to remain closed until the court case is completed.

Yesterday, Gillerman charged that the Club had been closed because "the police don't like SANE and they never liked the Club." "Beatniks are a little too odd for the police," he added.