Basketball Squad Tops Wesleyan By 16 Points

The varsity basketball team turned in one of its biggest scoring splurges in years--94 big points--and ran Wesleyan off its tiny court in Middleton, Conn., last night, 94-78.

Hurt by the loss of Winkey Davenport, the Cardinal's top scorer who sat out with an injury, Wesleyan put up a strong nip-and-tuck battle with the Crimson in the first ten minutes, but slowly plummeted behind as coach Floyd Wilson poured on a high-powered attack during the remainder of the game.

Denny Lynch led Harvard's forces with 26 points on 12 field goals and two-for-two from the free throw line. Right behind him was Pete Kelley, with seven field goals and seven free throws for 21 points. Joe Deering and captain Gary Borchard shared third place in scoring with ten apiece. Brownie Towle led the Cardinal attack with 22 in the highscoring contest. Russ Richey was second high scorer for the Cardinals with a total of 16 points in the game.

Harvard now has a 2-2 record awaiting its game with M.I.T. this Saturday. (M.L.T. lost to Wesleyan, 64-56, last Saturday.)

In the preliminary game last night, the Yardlings lost to the Wesleyan freshmen, 70-65.