Fencers Will Face Bradford-Durfee

The varsity fencing team will shoot for its second win of the season over Bradford Durfee Tech, in a contest that shapes up to be about as trying for the Crimson as an intersquad scrimmage. The match is slated for 2 p.m. in the I.A.B.

Harvard has never lost to Bradford Durfee, and this afternoon should prove no exception, even though coach Edo Marion will bench several members of the first string to give his fencers experience in varsity competition.

All three starting members of the Crimson's outstanding sabre aggregation--John Kennedy, Jim Pusey, and Paul Winig--will not compete. Their places will be filled by three sophomores--Mark Speyer, Larry Buter, and Kestutis Zygas--and junior Rofer Barzun.

Peter Busch, Fred Boersma, and Dan Kirsch will face the Bradford Durfee follers.

The Crimson epee team should have an especially easy afternoon, with Jon Reckler, Peter Plazza, Nick Spitzer, and Don McCloskey competing. Reckler, Spitzer, and McCloskey each won two matches when the Crimson subdued Brandeis 16-11 last Saturday.

Opening their season at 5 p.m. today, the freshman fencing team will vie with M.I.T. Marion said he particularly hoped for a good performance by the foll segment of the squad, so some of its mem-could strengthen the weak varsity foil squad next season.