Sextet Tops Green, 9-2; Will Face B.C. Tonight

The hockey team swamped a mediocre Dartmouth varsity Saturday, piling up nine goals to the Indians' two. Harvard will return to action at 9 p.m. tonight in the Boston Garden, against B.C. in the final round of the Beanpot Tourney.

Regular wing Bill Beckett did not play against Dartmouth and will be sidelined tonight because of an injury sustained in the Boston University game last Monday.

Stu Forbes and Jim Dwinell contributed two goals apiece in Saturday's contest. Gerry Jorgenson, Chris Norris, Dean Alpine, Tom Heintzman, and Harry Howell completed the Crimson's total.

Never in any danger, Harvard struck first on Jorgenson's goal midway through the opening period. Dartmouth's Bob Moore tied the score three minutes later on a two-on-one play with Jake Haertl. But Norris put in a pass from Jorgenson just 12 seconds after the Indian goal to give Harvard a 2-1 lead.

Jorgenson picked up his third point of the evening on the Crimson's next goal, scored by Forbes at 14:29. Bob McCoy also had an assist on the play.

The Indians gave their dying kick a minute and a half later, as Haertl made a goal on passes from Moore and Chuck Ritchie.

After Haertl's score, the roof fell in on Dartmouth. The Crimson scored once more in the first period, twice in the second, and three times in the final to round out the team's 14th victory of the year.

The Dartmouth game would not normally have been very important, except that it gave Crimson coach Cooney Weiland a chance to experiment with the combinations he will have to use to make up for the absence of Beckett. Beckett suffered a deep gash in the thigh against B.U. and will not be able to play for at least 10 days.

Welland tried both Dave Johnson and Crocker Snow in Beckett's position, using Johnson more in the early part of the game and Snow more in the late.

When Johnson played line, Dave Grannis combined with Bob Anderson for one defense pair and McCoy teamed with Harry Howell for the other.

General admission tickets are still available, for 90 cents at the H.A.A. or one dollar at the Garden. The easiest way to get to tonight's game is by the MTA, changing at Park St. to cars either for North Station or Lechmere. The Garden is in the same building as the Station.