University, M.I.T. Offer New Course

Harvard Honors students will be allowed to cross0register this term for a M.I.T. course on regulation of the arms race.

At the urging of some M.I.T. undergraduates, Professor Lincoin Bloomfield '41 will offer "an analysis of the problems of disarmament and arms control, and the issues involved for American foreign and defense policy, against a background of diplomatic history, technological change and politico-military strategy."

Though Bloomfield has set no prerequisites, prior political sciences courses will be helpful. Reading will center on recent reports and documents, for the field still lacks a good textbook.

The first meeting will be this Thursday, 4 to 6 p.m. tentatively in Building 52, room 161 (which is one block from the Kendall Square MTA stop). Besides the regular Thursday meetings, an additional hour will be arranged.

In order to cross-register, for which there is no charge, a Harvard student must: (1) ask his tutor for a statement that this College has no comparable course and that the M.I.T. course will be useful for his program; (2) ask Bloomfield for a statement of admission at the first meeting; and (3) turn in these papers to Dean Andrews in University Hall.