Exiled Cuban Foresees Overthrow Of Castro Regime by End of Year

Fidel Castro will topple before the end of the year, a Cuban student in exile predicted last night.

A series of invasions from abroad, coupled with the uprisings within Cuba, will overthrow Castro, George Casteleiro, a former law student at the University of Havana maintained at a Young Americans for Freedom meeting in Harkness Commons. A former professor at the University of Havana and a second Cuban student--both of whom asked to remain unidentified because of relatives in Cuba--also spoke.

As for the new government, its vital branches have already been organized, Castelerio explained. At first there will be rule by a junta, but elections will be held "within a few months." Castro supporters "of course" would not be allowed to run for office.

While there are more than 100 differing factions working for Castro's overthrow, the most powerful counter-revolutionists favor a government along "reasonable, social-democratic lines," the Cuban commented.

All three speakers scoffed at the value of Castro's social reforms. While Castro has built more than 50 schools in the Havana area, all Cuban school are being forced to teach Communist propaganda, and all pupils over eight years old spend much of the day in military drill, the two students asserted.

The former professor explained that many of the Faculty members at the University of Havana had at first supported Castro in the hopes that he would help the people, but most have given up all such hopes by now.