Voices

Calls Second Year Toughest in College

the discussion of freshman problems, Dean Monro said this that perhaps something ought to one to improve the sophomore year. expressed concern that most of the usual 300 drop-outs each year sophomores.

years ago, Monro said, the Faculty seminars or independent study second year students but decided to it wait." Since then no discussion been heard on the sophomore year, the mater came up occasionally the Administration's attention to the freshman year.

sophomore year is the toughest," Monro stated, "and the departments like to keep it routine." "The year gs to courses, to sophomore tutorial, to the departments."

Cites Lack of Freedom

described the year as a time for ing up lower level General Education and starting concentration. is not much freedom in the sophomore year," Monro said, indicating that has come up with a solution yet. Faculty members are not sure that year should be any what it is now.

mentioned Monday that the 300 drop-out figure is rather large, the ability that comes here." bright people get disconnected from college--people who just don't up academically," he added.

Cites Lack of Freedom

Cites Lack of Freedom

Cites Lack of Freedom