Borchard Named To All-Ivy Team

Newly-elected varsity captain Gary Borchard was the only Crimson representative on the all-Ivy squad recently selected by the League's coaches. Borchard tied with Princeton sophomore Art Hyland for the fifth spot on the second Ivy team.

Borchard also made the second unit a year ago. He finished eighth this winter among the League's scorers, with a 14.7 point-per-game average.

Crimson sophomore Pete Kelley was accorded honorable mention by the coaches. Kelley was the circuit's 14th-ranking scorer, with a 13.1 mark, and was 10th in rebounding with a total of 109.

Members of the first all-Ivy squad were Pete Campbell and Al Kaemmerien of Princeton, George Ramming of Dartmouth, Mike Cingiser of Brown, and Bill Madden of Yale. Other second-team choices were Fred Portnoy of Columbia. Bob Mlkvy of Penn, John Petry of Cornell, and Forrest Broman of Brown.

Ramming led Ivy pointmakers with 20.5 points a game, and paced the rebounders with 197.

Season team highs for field goals attempted and made and for free throws attempted and made and for free throws atempted and made were all set in games against Harvard.